Twice a year Hammersmith and Fulham council holds a Safety Advisory Group meeting looking at safety issues for Queens Park Rangers FC. We have been asked if we would like to raise any issues for its next meeting, on Wednesday 12 July. Are you aware of any safety issues you would like us to raise? If so, let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting includes representatives of the police, council and club and they are interested in particular in safety issues relating to the management of the stadium.
Items on the agenda include:
- Management / Operational Change
- Challenging fixtures / issues
- QPR supporters behaviour at home fixtures (anti-social behaviour, crime and disorder etc)
- Away supporters behaviour home fixtures (anti-social behaviour, crime and disorder etc)
- Stewarding / security arrangements
- Search regime
- Dealing with flares, smokebombs and pyrotechnics at matches
- Persistent standing issues and management (notable fixtures)
- Accident, injuries, near misses: statistics / trends
- Ejections/refusals: statistics/ trends
- Smoking Policy
- TV Broadcasting/fixture changes
- Traffic Management arrangements
- Customer Feedback – complaints/praises
- Supporter Groups’ liaison / feedback
- Counter Terrorism / Security
- QPR supporters behaviour at away fixtures
All councils are required to hold these meetings in relation to their local football clubs.